There are several items that must be set up in order to start creating and dispatching snow Jobs.
The first item is setting up your company information for access.
- Navigate to Settings > Company Information > Settings tab.
- Set Company Type to either Lawn & Landscape or Snow & Ice and make sure Enable Snow is selected.
Note: In order to see the Enable Snow option, you may need to select the Company Type > Save Changes > refresh > and then reopen Company Information.
The second item is creating Services and Products that are enabled for snow.
- Go to Settings > Services.
- Click Add Service.
- Fill out the required fields and make sure to enable "Show in Snow Dispatch". It is recommended to include the word "Snow" in all snow Services to assist in filtering.
Note: If you will be using Contracts for snow billing, we recommend you have a separate Service that includes the word "Contract". For example, "Snow Plow - Contract". This will assist in filtering out Contract customers when invoicing.
- Repeat as necessary for each needed Service.
- Navigate to Settings > Products.
- Click Add Non-Inventory Product.
- Fill out the required fields and make sure to enable "Show in Snow Dispatch". It is recommended to include the word "Snow" in all snow Products, as well, to assist in filtering.
- Repeat as necessary for each needed Product.
Optional: The third item is to add Assets. Assets are optional and only used if you charge differently based on the type of equipment used at a property.
- Navigate to Settings > Asset Types.
- Select Add Asset Type.
- Fill out the name and description of the Asset, such as Skid Steer or Snow Plow.
- Click Apply.
- Repeat as necessary for each Asset.