If you integrate with Clearent as a payment processor, you now have the option to accept ACH payments directly through Service Autopilot. SA cannot process ACH payments for any processor other than Clearent and you must have completed the underwriting process with Clearent before successfully processing ACH payments.
The first step in the setup process is to set up a Payment Method that can be used for ACH payments. To do this use the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Payment Methods.
- Click Add Payment Methods.
- Enter a Name to identify the Payment Method such as "ACH Transfer".
- From the Payment Type dropdown list, select "E-Check".
- Check the box next to Client Portal Enabled.
Note: This box must be checked as bank account information cannot be entered manually on an Account in SA, the client must do it from their Client Portal account.
- Click Save Changes.