This article covers how to create and add a new Team, as well as assign resources to a Team.
To add a new Team, go to Team > Teams. Click the Add Team button.
An overlay will appear where you can add the following under the Team Details tab:
- Enter a Description.
- Enter a Team Code. This should be shorthand for the Team. It will show up on the scheduling screens. An example would be a Team named "Maintenance Truck 1," which you might call "MTruck1."
- If you use route sheets, you can select a Default Route Sheet Format.
- Check Show in Calendar if you want your Team to appear as a resource on the Calendar.
- Choose the color of the Map Icon/Calendar Color.
- The Map Code is what displays on the icon when you’re looking at the map. Typically, you want this to be one or two characters so it can fit on the icon.
- Enter a Starting Address, City, State, and Zip. You would enter this information if the Team starts their day from a location other than the company address. This address will be used to route.
You don't need to add Team Assignments when setting up a new Team. However, if you want to assign default resources to your new Team, the following needs to be done:
- Click the Team Assignments tab.
- Click Add Assignment.
- Choose a resource from the drop-down menu.
- Select the days of the week the resource will be on the Team.
- Repeat to add all resources.
- Click Save.