To add a new V3 Installment Plan, use the following steps:
- Go to Accounting > Installment Plans.
- Click Add Installment Plan.
- On the Add Installment Plan overlay, select an Account.
- Enter an Installment Plan Name.
- The Start and End Dates will default to the current date and a year from the current date, respectively. Change, if needed.
- Select an option under Print Preferences. This will determine whether the Invoice will need to be printed and what will appear on the Invoice.
- If you will have Invoices auto-generated, set a Billing Day.
- Bill in Advance will determine when the Invoice is generated each month. For example, if you need to bill April's Services in March (before they are provided), toggle the switch to "ON".
Note: For the first month you want to bill in advance, you need an amount entered in the month the invoice will be generated in. For example, if you want your first bill for June to be $200, you would enter $0 for May and $200 for June.
- Click Show Advanced Options to see additional options that you can customize.
Payment Method is the only required field. It will default to the Account default once an Account is selected. By default:
- Include Subproperties will be enabled. If you want to create Installment Plans by property rather than having one Installment Plan cover all Subproperties, deselect this option.
- Auto Generate Invoices will be enabled. Invoices will automatically generate on the billing date selected. If unselected, you will need to manually generate Invoices for this Installment Plan.
- The line items are completely customizable. Twelve months are pre-populated for you. A Service, Invoice Description, Rate, and Amount is required on each line item. You can manually enter information on one line and use the Autofill link to duplicate the information down the table:
- If there is a line item you do not need, click the trash can icon at the right to remove it.
- Click Add line at the bottom of the table to add additional line items.
- When you are finished making changes, click Save Installment Plan.