One step in creating an Estimate Document is to prepare an Estimate Grid. The Estimate Grid is a structure that defines how your line items look on the estimate. It can include your quoted services, products, rates, and totals. The Estimate Grid will appear in the finished Estimate Document.
You can include as much detailed information as you want your client to see. You may want to create multiple Estimate Grids for different types of clients such as commercial and residential. To create a new grid, use the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Estimate Grids.
- Click Add Grid to see the Grid Designer overlay.
- Under Settings, rename the grid from "Custom Grid" to a more descriptive name.
- Choose to make the grid either a Table or Paragraph.
- You can change the font, font size, and line height, and turn off gridlines.
- In the FIELDS section, click to select any columns you want to include in your grid.
- Click and drag any columns to reposition them by hovering over the column, then dragging the green tab that appears at the top of each column.
- In the TOTALS section, click to turn off any items you don’t need. None are required.
- In the COLORS section, choose any colors you want for the different sections of the grid.
- Click Save.
After creating the Estimate Grid, you can create your Client Emails.