One step in creating an Estimate Document is to prepare an Estimate Grid. The Estimate Grid is a structure that defines how your line items look on the estimate. It can include your quoted services, products, rates, and totals. The Estimate Grid will appear in the finished Estimate Document.
You can include as much detailed information as you want your client to see. You may want to create multiple Estimate Grids for different types of clients, such as commercial and residential.
To create a new grid, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Estimate Grids.
- Click Add Grid to see the Grid Designer overlay.
- Under the Settings columns, change the grid name from "Custom Grid" to a more descriptive name.
- Choose to make the grid either a Table or a Paragraph.
- You can change the font, font size, line height, or turn off gridlines.
- In the FIELDS section, select the columns you want to include in your grid.
- To reposition a column, hover over it, then drag and drop the green tab that appears at the top.
- In the TOTALS section, click to turn off any items you don’t need. None are required.
- In the COLORS section, choose any colors you want for the different sections of your grid.
- When you're done, click Save.
After creating the Estimate Grid, you can create your Client Emails.