If you send a lot of Estimates with the same Services and Products, you can bundle them together in an Estimate Template. This will save you some time when building Estimates.
To build Estimate Templates, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > CRM > Job/Estimate Templates.
- Click Add Template. This will open the New Template overlay.
- Add a name for the template in the Description field.
- For "Show When Creating," select Estimates. This will adjust the overlay slightly.
- For Est. Document, select the Document you want to use.
- Click Add Item to add line items to the template.
- Leave the Calc, Qty, Rate, and other cost fields blank if you want them to be filled in automatically. If you enter values here, they will be the default values for Estimates.
- To add subproducts or subservices to any line item, hover over the line item next to the Calc field and click the + button that appears. Select a subproduct/subservice, then click Apply.
- Under Direct Costs below the list of Estimate line items, click Add Item to include additional costs associated with the service, such as a special piece of equipment or additional labor like subcontractors.
- Click Save & Close.
You can now click the Templates button within an Estimate to choose a template and customize it for each client as needed.