If you send a lot of Estimates with the same Services and Products, you can bundle them together in an Estimate Template. This will save you some time when building Estimates.
To build Estimate Templates, use the following steps:
- Go to Settings > CRM > Job/Estimate Templates.
- Click Add Template. This will open the New Template overlay.
- Add a name for the template in the Description field.
- For Show When Creating, select "Estimates". This will adjust the overlay slightly.
- For Est. Document, select the Estimate Document you want to use.
- Click Add Item to add line items to the template.
- Leave the Calc, Qty, Rate, and other cost fields blank if you want them to be filled in automatically. If you enter values here, they will be the default values for Estimates.
- To add subproducts or subservices to any line item, hover over the line item next to the Calc field and click the + button that appears. Select a subproduct/subservice, then click Apply.
- Under Direct Costs below the list of Estimate line items, click Add Item to include additional costs associated with the service, such as a special piece of equipment or additional labor like subcontractors.
- Click Save & Close.
Now, within an estimate, you can click the Templates button and choose a template to customize as needed for the client.