You can add subitems to an Estimate on the Estimate overlay. This can be a Service or Product. Adding subservices and Products can help you calculate your costs more accurately. You can also choose whether to have information about Products appear on the Estimate and Invoice.
To add one of these items, follow these steps:
- Hover to the right of the estimate line item, and click the green Plus button.
- In the Add Subitem dialog, click the Product radio button and select a Product from the dropdown list.
- Click Apply.
- Select your Enhanced Product Invoicing by clicking the Options button.
- Confirm? - When checked, this option requires you to confirm the Product was used and how much was used (quantity). If Products need to be confirmed, they will appear in red on the Dispatch Board. You must confirm the Product before it will appear on the Invoice or its PDF.
Invoice? - When checked, the Product will appear on the Invoice once the Job is complete, and the Invoice is generated. The default for this option can be selected under Estimate Settings.Note: If “Invoice?” is checked but “Print on Invoice?” is not, then the Product amount will be included in the service amount on the Invoice PDF, therefore it will not have a separate line item.
Print on Invoice? - When checked, a separate line item for the Product appears on the PDF.
- Create Installed Product? - Use this option if you are installing products that have a warranty. Installed Products will appear above the Client Activity Stream (V2 only) so you can keep track of warranty, installation, and service information.
- Click Apply.
- Specify whether the Client will see the product listed on documents.
- Invoice – This controls the "Invoice?" checkbox inside the options in step 4.
- Print – This controls the ability to show the Product as a separate line item on the Estimate.
- Fill in the quantity, rate, estimated budgeted hours, and cost for each individual product.
Note: The cost and rate default to the amount set up at the product level.