This article explains property measurements using V2 screens. For information on how to add measurements using V3 screens, see this article or this video. Property Measurements can only be taken if you have the Smart Maps subscription.
Create a Property Measurement
- Navigate to a client or lead account.
- Hover over the More dropdown list.
- Click Property Measurements. This will open the map and measurements panel.
- Use the Edit Measurements panel to create measurements. Please note that 3D view is not always available and measurements are approximate.
- Save your changes.
Edit Measurements lets you create, save, and remove drawn measurements on the client account. You can edit any measurement once you have made it. On any measurement, you can change the following:
- The Name of the measurement
- If the measurement is added or subtracted to the overall square footage
- The color of the measurement
- The opacity of the measurement
- Delete the measurement entirely
Note: Any change you make will be saved to the client record only if you click the Save button.
Linear Measurement lets you draw a multi-point line on the map and view and save the measurement data to the client’s custom field. Note that you must have a custom field set up in advance, in order to save this measurement.
- Click the Linear Measurement icon to enable the tool.
- Click two or more points on the map. The left panel will display the line length in feet, yards, and meters.
- Hide Property Measurements hides measurements created in the Measure Property section.
- Clear removes the drawn line on the map.
- To save the measurement to a custom field, under Save Linear Measurement, select a custom field from the dropdown list.
- Click Save.