This article explains property measurements using V2 screens. Property Measurements can only be taken if you have the Smart Maps subscription.
Create a Property Measurement
- Navigate to a client or lead account.
- Hover over the More dropdown list.
- Click Property Measurements. This will open the map and measurements panel.
- Use the Edit Measurements panel to create your measurements.
Note: The 3D view is not always available and measurements are approximate.
- Save your changes.
The Edit Measurements panel allows you to create, save, and remove drawn measurements for a Client Account. You can edit any measurement you've already made.
The following can be changed for any saved measurement:
- The Name of the measurement
- If the measurement is added to or subtracted from the overall square footage
- The color of the measurement
- The opacity of the measurement
- Delete the measurement entirely
Linear Measurement lets you draw a multi-point line on the map, view, and save the measurement data to the client’s custom field.
Note: You must have a custom field set up in advance, in order to save this measurement.
- Click the Linear Measurement icon to enable the tool.
- Click two or more points on the map to create your linear measurements. The left panel will display the line length in feet, yards, and meters.
Note: If you click the Hide Property Measurements button, any measurements you created under the Measure Property section will be hidden. For example, selecting this option means you would no longer see the yellow and blue measurements above, which may be helpful as you create your linear measurement.
If you select Clear, the linear line you've created on the map will be removed.
- To save the measurement to a custom field, select the custom field from the dropdown list under the Save Linear Measurement section.
- Click Save.
You can visit our Help Center for additional articles and videos on how to add measurements using V3 screens.