Two-way Texting is a feature available to all Members who have Automations enabled (a Pro Plus subscription). It can be added to any sequence within an Automation. Before you can use this feature, you need to choose a subscription.
Note: After subscribing to and selecting a phone number, you won’t be able to transfer it to another phone service provider. This is because SA uses Twilio as the only third-party service provider for text message integration.
Setting Up Two-Way Texting Within an Automation
Once you have Two-Way Texting enabled, you can create events within an Automation sequence to help you with automated processes. You can use this feature to confirm appointments for upcoming services, notifications of service completion, etc. This section shows you the basics of how to create a Text Message event within an Automation:
- Go to: Marketing > Automations
- Select an existing automation or add a new automation.
- From the Automation Edit screen, drag and drop a Text Message Event onto an existing sequence, or a new one.
- Click the Text Message event tile to bring up the Edit Text Message Event overlay.
- Edit the Event Information as needed.
- Name - Name of the Event.
- To - Who will receive the text.
- Between Time - Set the times the text can be sent between once the Automation is triggered.
- Send Mon-Fri Only - Enable to not send texts on the weekend.
- Expecting Response - Enable to be alerted when a Client replies to the text. Enabling this will cause the "Reponses" tab to appear where the recipient of the alert can be specified.
- Wait for Response - Enable to prevent the Client from proceeding in the Automation Sequence until they reply to the text.
- Select Document for Text Body - Select "Custom Text" to enter the text body into the event or select a Document name to use an existing Document.
- Click Save Event.