You can add an Invoice from the Invoice list, as well as from a Client Account. This might be helpful if you need to add multiple Invoices at a time and want to make sure you haven't missed any.
To add an Invoice from the Invoice list, follow these steps:
- Go to Accounting > Invoices.
- Click Add Invoice.
- On the Add Invoice overlay, select an Account.
- The Invoice Date and Due Date will default to the current day. Update this if needed.
The Status will update automatically based on the Due Date.
- Click Show Advanced Options to see additional options. AR Account, Terms, Sales Tax, and Payment Method are determined by the Account you select on the Invoice. You can also add a PO # if needed.
- Click Add Line to add line items to the Invoice. The Date will be the date the service was performed. Click Add subtotal row if you need to add a discount to the entire Invoice.
- Add a Memo if you need to make an internal note about the Invoice.
Note: The totals in the lower right corner of the Invoice will update automatically as you add line items.
- When you're finished, click Save Invoice.