You can add an Invoice from the Invoice List as opposed to from a Client Account. This might be helpful if you need to add multiple Invoices at a time and want to make sure you haven't missed any. To add an Invoice from the Invoice List, use the following steps:
- Go to Accounting > Invoices.
- Click Add Invoice.
- On the Add Invoice overlay, select an Account.
- The Invoice Date and Date Due will default to the current date. Change, if needed. The Status will update automatically based on the Due Date.
- Click Show Advanced Options to see additional options. AR Account, Terms, Sales Tax, and Payment Method are determined by the Account you select on the Invoice. You can also add a PO # here, if needed.
- Add Line Items in the body of the Invoice. The Date will be the date the service was performed. Add additional details as needed. Click Add line to add additional line items. Click Add subtotal row if you need to add a discount to the entire Invoice.
- Add a Memo if you need to make an internal note about the Invoice.
- The Totals in the lower right corner of the Invoice will update automatically as you add line items.
- When finished, click Save Invoice.