Updates from the SA Legacy app to the full site can take some time to appear depending on settings and data availability. Changes made on the Legacy app override the Dispatch Board. This is by design since the people in the field are more likely to have accurate information about the job site than office users. That means an update could be made on the Dispatch Board but if field employees have already started working, changes made in the office will end up being "reverted" as teams work.
One way to avoid this issue or to make sure field users have the most accurate information is to Resync the Legacy app. There are a few ways to force the app to sync: "Pull to Refresh," "Sync Everything," or "Clean and Sync."
You need an internet connection, either cellular or wifi, to sync your device to Service Autopilot. If you have no connection, SA saves the updates until you have internet service again.
Pull to Refresh
This is the quickest, easiest option but only refreshes the information on that current screen. Unless you know exactly what single update you need, this is not the most reliable option.
- From the Schedule screen (and most other screens), you can pull to refresh by tapping somewhere on the screen, then pulling down until the screen text tells you to "Release to refresh" at the top.
- Let go and the screen will refresh.
You can see the progress of the sync by looking at the small gray bar below the header.
When the sync is complete, the screen will return to normal.
- Tap the Menu icon on any screen that shows it, and scroll down to tap Sync Everything. This closes the menu and opens a confirmation dialog.
- Tap Yes. This opens the sync screen. You will see a status bar and items scrolling as they process.
Once syncing is complete, you'll automatically get taken back to the previous screen.
Clean and Sync
If you have this advanced mobile access, you do a more substantial sync from the Settings screen.
Note: Before doing a Clean and Sync, we advise doing a Sync Everything. Doing a Clean and Sync will wipe the Legacy app's data and re-sync the app. If there is information, such as pictures or timesheet records, that has not synced from the app to the main site, you will lose the information when you Clean and Sync.
- On the Legacy app, from the Menu, choose Settings.
- Tap Clean and Sync.
- Tap through the confirmation dialogs to proceed. Alternately, you can tap three times in the header on any screen to access the Debug screen.
- Tap Clean to proceed with the Clean and Sync.