You can create Job Templates much in the same way you can create Estimate Templates. Like Estimate Templates can expedite the process of creating Estimates, Job Templates can do the same thing for Jobs. Job Templates are less frequently used than Estimate Templates but are still useful if you commonly schedule Jobs as Work Orders - multiple line items on a single Job. This way, you wouldn't have to add every single line item to every Job, you can just select a template.
To create or modify Job Templates, use the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Job/Estimate Templates.
- At the top of the list, click Add Template. This will open the Add Template overlay.
- Modify the Description from the default so you can easily identify the template in selection lists.
- If you want to display Discounts within the template, leave the second box checked.
- Leave the "Job" option selected from the Show When Creating unless you want this template to also be used for Estimates.
- Click Add Item to begin adding Services and/or Packages to the template. As an example, say you were building a Job Template for end-of-season pool care. This template might include a draining service, cleaning service, pump and filter maintenance service, and maybe even products tied to one or more services. You can set it all at the template level here so you don't have to take the time to add every single item to every single job.
- Click Save when you are finished.
To add a Job from a Template to an Account, navigate to a V2 Client Account screen. Click the Add a Job button then select "Add job from a template":
Use the dialog to select your template and begin customizing the Job: