The Job Wizard is divided into three different tabs to streamline the workflow of scheduling a Job:
- Account: this determines where the work will be performed
- What type of job is this?: this determines if a Job will occur one or more than once
- What is this job called: this is the name of the Job that will appear on the Account Review overlay. This field will be auto-populated based on the line items you select. You can also modify the text.
- Internal Scheduling Notes: enter notes here if they are only for scheduling purposes, they will not be visible to Resources on Visits.
- Job Note: enter notes here if your Resources will need to see them on each Visit.
- Line Items: these are the Services that will be done and the Products that will be used. You must add at least one Service before you can add Products.
- Budgeted Hours - the total amount of time you anticipate a job to take, the total amount of time for all Resources. Example: if the Job takes 30 minutes for 2 Resources to complete, it is 1 budgeted hour.
- Quantity - the quantity of Services performed. Typically, this is left at "1".
- Rate - the rate for the Service.
- Amount - for flat rate or per unit Services, this will be quantity times rate. In hourly services, this number will change depending on the hours worked.
- Notes - if you are scheduling multiple line items simultaneously, use this note icon to leave notes on individual line items. Notes can appear by date range as well.
- Budgeted Hours Tool - this tool can help you calculate the number of budgeted hours you need based on team size for the job. You can also use it to override default budgeted hours.
- Delete - use the trash can icon to delete a line item.
- Is this job a work order?: this will determine whether the job will appear as a Work Order on the Dispatch Board to group together all Jobs scheduled at the same time for the same Account.
- Advanced Actions
- Chemical Areas Treated: if you are using chemical Products on the Job, this will tell the tech which areas need to be treated
- Sales Person: this is the person who sold this Job
- Date Sold: this date defaults to the current date
- Account Manager: this is the person who is responsible for retaining the Account
- Source: this is how the client heard about your company to do the Service you are scheduling for them
- Schedule: this will vary based on the Job Type and Line Item selected. If you are creating a recurring Job this is where you would select a Master Schedule or create a Custom Schedule.
- Do you want to assign this job now?: if you know who will complete the Job, you can designate this now or otherwise just estimate the Team size in the next field.
- What is the estimated team size?: use this field if you don't know exactly which Resource will be assigned to the job.
- Advanced Actions
- Call Ahead: this will set a reminder on the Dispatch Board and Route Sheets that this Job requires a call to the Account Contact before the work is started
- Maximum Man Hours per Day: for Multi-Day Jobs; this is the maximum number of hours any one Team member can work in a single day and helps determine the length of Multi-Day Jobs
- Include Days: for Multi-Day Jobs; this determines which days a Multi-Day Job will be scheduled for.
- Invoice Descriptions: this is the text that will appear on the Invoice for each listed Service
- How will you invoice this job?: this will default to the Account default and can be customized
- Advanced Actions
- Work Order #: if a number is not entered one will be generated automatically when the Job is created regardless of the number of Services on the Job
- Purchase Order #: enter a number here if you need to reference a Purchase Order on this Job
- Separate Invoices: if an Account is on any Invoice Frequency other than Daily or Print in Advance, this setting would put this Job on its own separate Invoice