If you have the Client Portal subscription, your Clients can make their own credit card Payments from the Client Portal at any time. This can save you the headache of having to enter Payments manually since the Payments will appear on the Client's Account as soon as they're made.
Clients may have questions about how to make an online Payment. The steps are outlined here so you can better assist your Clients.
To make a credit card Payment from the Client Portal, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Client Portal.
- From the Home Page, click Pay Now.
- Check the boxes next to the Invoice(s) you want to pay or click Select All Unpaid.
- Click the green Pay button.
Note: If you have Empower for True Cash Discounts, your Client will have the option of paying the selected Invoices by credit, cash, or check. If cash or check is selected, the Invoices will be printed instead so they can mail in the payment.
- To use the Credit Card that's already on file, click PAY INVOICES. Otherwise, add the card information for the card you would like to use.
- Click Got It to dismiss the confirmation message. You will be returned to the Billing tab of the Client Portal.
To see the new Payment as applied to the Account, refresh the Billing tab.