After setting up your Estimate Grid and optional Client Email and Confirmation Email, you’re ready to put these into an Estimate Document. The Estimate Document is what will be attached to an email or viewed on a webpage by a potential Client. This is where the Client or Lead will view services and accept the Estimate or proposal. You can create the Estimate Document from scratch or download a template from the Marketplace.
Note: Documents cannot be imported into Service Autopilot. You can paste the HTML or plain text into a new custom Document, however.
To create a new Estimate Document, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Documents.
- Click the Add Document button on the top right.
- For Document Type, select Estimate.
- Enter the document name and description (for your reference only; these are not seen by the client).
- Enter the email subject, which will appear on the Client’s email. This will be overwritten if you select an Estimate Email Document in the next step.
- For “Estimate Email,” select the Client Email Document you prepared.
- For “Include PDF in Email," select Yes to include a PDF copy of the estimate as an attachment. This is not needed if your estimate will be viewed and accepted online.
- For “Estimate Confirmation Email,” select the Confirmation Email Document you prepared.
- For “Use Billing Email By Default,” choose whether this Document will be sent to a Client’s Billing Email or Contact Email. In most cases, use Contact Email.
For "Send Estimate PDF in Client Confirmation," select Yes to include a signed PDF copy of the estimate as an attachment in the confirmation email your client receives after accepting a proposal.
- Click Save. The Document Editor appears.
- Choose a template, or choose the blank document to build it from scratch. In this example, we chose the third option.
- Modify any fields as needed.
- Click the Estimate Grid placeholder to select it. The Estimate Grids you’ve already built appear on the right side of the screen.
- If you’re building an Estimate Document from scratch, insert an Estimate Grid into the Estimate Document by doing the following:
- On the “Rows” tab, drag and drop a new row where you want pricing to display.
- On the “Content” tab, click Dynamic Content, then drag it to the row you just inserted. This is where your grid will go.
- Click the Dynamic Content you just added then select your desired grid from the panel on the right.
- Add social media links, if you wish.
- Optionally, you can include any text, such as your Terms and Conditions, below the grid at the bottom of the Estimate Document. This additional information can allow the Estimate Document to serve as a contract agreement.
Tip: To accommodate different types of Clients, you might create two or more document templates. To do this, use the Copy feature, edit the wording, and rename each document accordingly. For example, you might have a “Commercial Estimate Document” and a “Residential Estimate Document.”
After you create your Estimate Document, you can send it.
For information on using the Document Editor, please see the Document Editor User Guide.