After setting up your Estimate Grid and optional Client Email and Confirmation Email, you’re ready to put these into an Estimate Document. The Estimate Document is what will be attached to an email or viewed on a webpage by a potential client. It's where they will view services and accept the Estimate. You can create the Estimate Document from scratch or download a template from the Marketplace.
As with any Documents in SA, Documents or contracts you may use for your business cannot be imported or uploaded into SA. You can always copy and paste text or HTML into a Custom Document. An Estimate Document can serve as a service agreement if it is built to do so because a signature can be captured on this Document Type.
These steps show how to create a new Estimate Document:
- Go to Settings > Documents.
- Click Add Document on the top right corner of the Documents list.
- For Document Type, select Estimate.
- Enter the document name and description (for your reference only; these are not seen by the client).
- Enter an email subject that will appear on the Client’s email. (This will be overwritten if you select an Estimate Email Document in the next step.)
- For “Estimate Email,” select the Client Email Document that you prepared.
- For “Estimate Confirmation Email,” select the Confirmation Email Document you prepared.
- For “Use Billing Email By Default,” choose to send this estimate document either to the client’s Billing Email or Contact Email. (In most cases, use “Contact Email.”)
- For “Include PDF in Email, select “Yes” to include a PDF copy of the estimate as an attachment. This is not needed if your estimate will be viewed and accepted online.
- Click Save. The Document Editor appears.
- Choose a template, or choose the blank document and build it from scratch. In this example, we chose the third option.
- Modify any fields as needed.
- Click the Estimate Grid placeholder to select it. The Estimate Grids you’ve already built appear on the right side of the screen.
- If you’re building an Estimate Document from scratch, insert an Estimate Grid into the Estimate Document by doing the following.
- On the “Rows” tab, drag in drag in a new row where you want pricing to display.
- On the “Content” tab, click Dynamic Content, then drag it to the row you just inserted. This is where your grid will go.
- Click the radio button on the right to select a grid.
- Add social media links, if you wish.
- Optionally, you can include any text, such as your Terms and Conditions, below the grid, at the bottom of the Estimate Document. This additional information can allow the Estimate Document to serve as a contract agreement.
Tip: To accommodate different types of clients, you might create two or more document templates. To do so, use the Copy feature, edit the wording, and name each accordingly. For example, you might have “Commercial Estimate Document” and “Residential Estimate Document.”
After you create your Estimate Document, you can send it.
For information on using the Document Editor, go to: Document Editor User Guide.