To enter a Payment that will be used to pay for Services that have not yet been completed, use the following steps:
- Go to Accounting > Payments.
- Click Add Payment.
- Click Show Advanced Options.
- Under "Prepayment" toggle the switch to "YES".
- Select the Services this Prepayment will apply to.
- Click Save Payment when finished to close the overlay or Save & New to save the Prepayment and open a new Add Payment overlay.
The Prepayment will be automatically applied only to the designated Services as new Invoices generate. Saving a Prepayment will not apply retroactively to existing Invoices, only Invoices generated from this point forward.
If Services are not selected on a Prepayment, every Invoice that is generated from this point forward for this Account will be paid by the Prepayment regardless of Service. In many cases, an Account may have several different services scheduled but they are only pre-paying for one thing such as a fertilization Package.