Refunds can be made on any settled credit card Payments with your current credit card processor.
If you sync with QuickBooks Online, please see the additional information at the end of this article.
Note: If you integrate with Authorize.net you will not be able to issue refunds through SA.
To make a refund, use the following steps:
- Go to Accounting > Payments.
- Set a filter, if needed. Click the Payment Date for the Payment you would like to refund.
- Click Refund.
- If the Payment is applied to any Invoices, a message will appear to let you know you need to un-apply the Payment if it will be charged again. If you need to un-apply, click Cancel. If you don't need to take another Payment associated with the Invoice, click OK to proceed.
- Use the checkboxes next to the Invoice line items to refund individual Services.
- Use the Overpayment field at the right if you are refunding an overpayment amount.
- Click Next. This will take you to the Refund Confirmation.
- If you are satisfied with the refund, click Apply Refund. This will display a dialog outlining the actions you just took.
If you sync with QuickBooks Online, issuing a refund will create a transaction called a Check. The Check represents the refunded amount and is applied to the Payment. If a Credit is created to balance an Invoice, both the Check and Credit can be accessed from the Payment.