If you have Budgeted Hours (B. Hours) and Appointment Times set for a Job, you can choose to automatically update the end time of that Job based on the number of Resources assigned to it from Team Assignments.
For Example, let's say a job has an appointment time of 1:00pm - 2:00pm, the B. Hours are set to one hour, and there is one resource assigned to the Team. If you update the Team by adding two additional resources (now 3 total), the appointment time will change to 1:00pm - 1:20pm.
Enabling the Feature
There are two ways to enable this option: from your Calendar Settings and from the Dispatch Board. If you update the checkbox in one place, it will update the other. For Instructions on how to enable this setting on the Calendar, click here.
On the Dispatch Board
- Go to Scheduling > Dispatch Jobs.
- Hover over the More dropdown list.
- Select "Assign Teams".
- Check the box that says Update End Times Based on Budgeted Hours and Assignments.
- Click the X to close the overlay. Changes are saved automatically.
How the Feature Works
For this feature to work, Jobs must have the following criteria:
- Appointment Times
- Budgeted Hours
- Team Assignments
From either the Calendar or Dispatch Board, if you add or remove Resource(s) from a Team, the end times for those Team's jobs will adjust based on the total number of Resources.
For example, you have a job with two B. Hours assigned to a Team of two Resources, and the appointment time is 4:00pm - 5:00pm.
- Let's say you add another Resource to the Team for a total of three Resources. The Job's appointment time will reduce by a third (20 minutes). So the new appointment time will be 4:00pm - 4:40pm.
- Alternatively, if you remove a Resource from the Team so the Team has one total Resource. The appointment time will double to two hours. So the new appointment time will be 4:00pm - 6:00pm.
The time always adjusts based on the Budgeted Hours. You can think about the calculation in this way: New Time = Budgeted Hours / Number of Resources
Note: Any Jobs that are Dispatched will not adjust automatically, even if you have the Auto-Adjust option selected. You must change the Job Status to Pending and then make your Team changes.