When you're ready to send an Estimate via email, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Estimate overlay by clicking on the Estimate from the Client or Lead screen, or by clicking the number on the Estimate List.
- Change the status of line items from Draft to Quote by clicking on the Status button next to the line item.
- Click Save. At this point, you can click the Preview button in the upper right corner of the overlay to see how it will display to the client.
- To email the Estimate, click the Email button. This will open an email overlay in case you need to further customize the email.
The email body that defaults is the email associated with your Estimate Document.
- On the Email dialog, click Send. The Estimate Stage will change to Sent.
Once the client receives the email, they can click on the link to go to the View My Proposal website. The merge tag for Quote Link is required for this link to appear in the email.
The View My Proposal page lets clients select what services they want to accept. If you’ve included a signature line in your Estimate Document and Settings, the estimate will have a button that allows the client to sign:
After the client signs electronically, the Accept button appears. The client clicks this to finalize their acceptance.
If the client accepts the quote, the Edit Estimate screen will show as Closed - Won for the stage. The accepted line items will change to Won, and the signature information will be in the top right if this feature is used. You'll also find the signed PDF attached under the Attachments tab on the Estimate overlay.