Service Autopilot allows you to add notes to Jobs so you can order provide your Teams with specific information related to those Jobs. For example, if a Client wants her gate closed after your staff leaves the property, you can have a note appear for the Team on the Route Sheet or Service Autopilot Legacy mobile app that says something like, "Close the gate!"
While you can add a Job Note to a Job when you first create it or to a Master Job at any time, you can also view and add Job Notes from the Dispatch Board.
To add a Job Note from the Dispatch Board, follow these steps:
- Go to Scheduling > Dispatch Jobs.
- Locate the Job and click the Note icon at the far right side of the Dispatch Board. This opens a small popup with your various note options.
- Click the Edit Job Notes button.
- The Visit overlay will open with the Job Notes section blinking. Click the Add Note button.
- Enter your note. The dropdown list at the right of the Note indicates whether this Note will apply to the Master Job, this Job instance only, or the Service.
- When you're done, click Save.
By default, adding a Note through these steps will update the Master Job. If it's a Recurring Job, the new Note will appear on all occurrences going forward. If you enter a Start Date and End Date then this will put a specific date range for the note on the Master Job.
On the Dispatch Board, the Note icon will turn yellow to reflect that there is a Job Note attached. Click the icon to open a small popup, that displays the Job Note. You can manage your Notes at any time by clicking Edit Job Note.