Service Autopilot allows you to add notes to Jobs in order to provide your Teams with specific information related to those Jobs. For example, maybe a Client wants her gate closed after your staff leaves the property. You can have a note appear for the Teams on the Route Sheets or Service Autopilot Mobile App that says something like, "Close the gate!"
While you can add a Job Note to a Job when you first create it or to a Master Job at any time, you can also view and add Job Notes from the Dispatch Board.
To add a Job Note from the Dispatch Board, use the following steps:
- Go to Scheduling > Dispatch Jobs.
- Locate the Job and click the Note icon at the far right side of the Dispatch Board. This opens a small popup with your various note options.
- Click the Edit Job Notes button.
- The Job overlay will open with the Job Notes section blinking. Click the Add Note button.
- Enter your note. The dropdown list at the right of the Note indicates whether this Note will apply to the Master Job, this Job instance only, or the Service.
- Click Save.
By default, adding a Note through these steps will update the Master Job. If it is a Recurring Job, the new Note will appear on all occurrences going forward. If you enter a Start Date and End Date this will put a specific date range for the note on the Master Job.
On the Dispatch Board, the Note icon will turn yellow to reflect that there is a Job Note. Click the icon to open the a small popup which now displays the Job Note. You can still add or edit by clicking Edit Job Note.