We strongly suggest that you void invoices rather than deleting them in situations where service was performed but the Client will not be billed. This retains a service record for the Client and helps keep your bookkeeping clean. Voided Invoices also retain all line items so if you later find you need to edit the Invoice to charge the Client, this is simple to do.
You can void invoices from the Invoices List and from a Client Account.
From the Invoices List
- Go to Accounting>Invoices.
- Select the invoice(s) to be voided by checking the boxes next to each one.
- Hover over Actions.
- Select "Void."
- Click Void Invoices on the confirmation dialog.
A message will display the number of Invoices voided. The voided Invoice(s) will still display on the "Filtered Results" tab but the Invoice Balance and Invoice total will now display zero. Voided Invoices will still appear on the Client Account but the Invoice amount will be removed from the Account Balance.
From a Client Account
- Navigate to a Client Account.
- Under the Accounting header, click All.
- Find the Invoice you want to void and click the circle icon with the line through it.
- Follow the instructions in the Void Invoice confirmation dialog. Click Void.
Voided Invoices will still appear on the Client Account but the Invoice amount will be removed from the Account Balance.