Particularly in the cleaning industry, Clients often overpay on Invoices to leave a tip. In Service Autopilot, you can modify an Invoice to account for tips and set up Expenses to track tips.
- Create a Service called Tips.
- A payment is received with an amount exceeding the original invoice amount. In this case, there will be a surplus after the payment has been allocated to the original invoice in SA.
- Apply payment and surplus toward the original invoice.
Applying Payments with Surplus (Tip) to Invoices
- Create a Service under: Settings > Services
- Service: Tips
- Sales Tax Code: Non
- Service Mode: Flat Rate
- Enter surplus payment amount
- Enter an Expense for the tip amount
- Enter Date of payment
- OPTIONAL: Select Tip as Category
- OPTIONAL: Enter Notes (for example, this expense is entered to offset the Tip)
- Select a Client
- DO NOT SELECT: Bill Expense to Client
- DO NOT SELECT: Product
- DO NOT SELECT: Amount Includes Sales Tax
|Note: For concise accounting, entering this expense will offset the Tip amount when printing the Profit and Loss Report.|