A custom report is where analyses, charts, crosstabs, and other visuals all come together in a comprehensive unit. The options are limitless like they are for each component part. You might want to create a sales report for your sales team to track their progress or specialized accounting reports for your bookkeeping staff.
Follow these steps to create a new report:
- Go to Reports > Report Center.
- Click Create Report.
- You will be on the Design mode of a new, untitled report. Click Untitled Report to change the name. This is the name that will appear on the Report Center home page.
- Drag and drop components from the component toolbox on the left onto the report canvas to add them.
- Rearrange components on the canvas by clicking their drag icon and dragging them to a new location.
- Configure the component’s settings or delete them by clicking the gear or X icons.
- Add or remove columns for the Split Row component by clicking the columns icon.
When you drag a visual component onto the canvas, the Visual Gallery displays, and you can select one or more visuals to insert into your report. Each selected visual will be inserted into its own separate panel. Having everything in panels allows you to customize the look and feel of your report.