This report that lists the material and labor costs of each Visit. Your job cost settings must be complete for the report to be accurate. Because this report requires specific details in the setup, we recommend you contact SA to schedule a one-on-one with a trainer to plan for job costing.
The Job Costing report is based on three main areas:
- Visit labor
- Time spent on Visits
- Time spent driving to Visits
- Product cost (if applicable)
The Job Costing Report is one of the most detailed pre-built reports in the Report Center. As such, if setup is not done completely, it can result in inaccurate data for one or more columns.
The columns in this report extend much further to the right than pictured in this screenshot. Below, you will find explanations for some of these columns as well as calculation information, where applicable. For Pro and Pro Plus Members, the data listed below is also used in the Job Cost data set for a Custom Analysis.
- Bgt Hrs – the budgeted hours entered for the Visit. Budgeted hours is the amount of time you expect the job to take regardless of the number of Resources working the job.
- Bgt Rate – the rate applied to the Visit
- Bgt/Man Hr – budgeted dollars per man hour. Bgt rate divided by Bgt Hrs.
- Actual Start/Stop time – the start and stop times that were clocked on the Visit (via a mobile app or manually recorded on the Dispatch Board).
- Actual Hrs – total time spent on a Visit in decimal form (for multiple Resources: the total time worked multiplied by the number of Resources and divided by 60).
- Actual Time Variance – the difference between Bgt Hrs and Actual Hrs. A positive number indicated the job was finished in less than the B. Hrs, a negative number that it took longer than the B. Hrs.
- Actual Rev Rate – the rate invoiced for the Service.
- Actual Rev Product – the rate invoiced for the Product added to the Service.
- Actual Rev Total – the combined invoiced rates of the Service and Products (Actual Rev Rate plus Actual Rev Product).
- Direct Cost – the sum of Expense line items associated to the Visit
- Actual Rev Costs – the total of all related costs for the Visit
- Actual Rev Gross Margin – Actual Rev Total minus Actual Rev Costs.
- Actual Rev/Man Hr – Actual Rev Rate divided by Actual Hrs.
- Target/Man Hr – targeted dollars per man hour; the target hourly rate you want to earn in order to be profitable on a Service. This number is pulled from the information entered on the Service level (Settings > Services > Edit > Job Costing Tab).
- Target Over (Under) – the difference, either over or under, when Actual Rev/Man Hr is subtracted from the Target/Man Hr.
- Drive Effect Hrs – the total time spent in drive time between Visits in decimals.
- Drive Effect Cost – labor costs accrued during Drive Effect Hrs. This is based on the information on the "Payroll/Job Costing" tab and section of the edit overlay for each Resource.
- Drive Effect % of Rev – how much of the total revenue does this cost make up. Drive Effect Cost divided by Actual Rev Rate.
- Drive Effect Gross Margin – Actual Rev/Man Hr minus Drive Effect Cost.
- Drive Effect/Man Hr – drive effect dollars per man hour. Drive Effect Cost divided by Drive Effect Hrs.
- Target with Drive/Man Hr – the target amount you want to earn on a Service to be profitable when accounting for drive time and cost. This number is formulated based on the information on the "Job Costing" tab of the Service (Settings > Service > Edit > Job Costing/Analysis).
- Target with Drive Over (Under) – difference between Actual Rev/Man Hr and Target/Man Hr with Drive Effect Cost.
- Labor Cost Avg Cost/Man – Labor Cost divided by the number of Resources who clocked time on the job.
- Labor Cost – average cost per Resource multiplied by number of Resources on the job.
- Labor Cost % of Rev – percentage of the total revenue that the Labor Cost makes up. Labor Cost divided by Actual Rev Rate.
- Labor Cost Gross Margin – Labor Cost minus the Actual Rev Rate.
- Products Bgt Cost – the total budgeted cost of the Products associated to the Service. This number is entered on the Product level.
- Products Actual Cost – the actual cost of the Products used on the Service.
- Products % of Rev – the percentage of total revenue the Products revenue accounts for
- Products Gross Margin – Actual Rev Product minus Product Actual Cost.