Importing data for use in Chemical Tracking can save you a lot of time on manual data entry. To import data into your Chemical Tracking Settings, follow these steps:
- Hover over the avatar in the upper right corner of SA and click Import/Export.
- Click Import Data.
- Select "Chemical Tracking Fields" from the Import Type dropdown list.
- To ensure your spreadsheet is formatted correctly, click Download Template to see example formatting.
- Select the Excel file from your computer that you want to import.
- Enter the name of the tab on the spreadsheet you are importing first. This must match your spreadsheet tab name exactly.
- Select the Chemical Field Type that corresponds to the tab name entered in the previous field.
- Click Next.
- The next screen will display the number of rows that will be imported. Use the dropdown lists at the top of the table to designate where each column will map to in SA.
- If there are any rows you do not need to import, check the box at the far left and then delete them from the More dropdown list in the upper right corner of the screen.
- When you are satisfied with the column mapping, click Import.
A progress bar will display for the duration of the import. If there are any errors, they will display. If the import is successful, no confirmation will appear, the status bar will just disappear.