Chemical Tracking is one area of the system that requires intensive setup if you intend to use the functionality to the fullest extent. One option, to save time, is to import some Chemical Tracking data if you already have it in an Excel file (such as from another software solution). Otherwise, it will need to be setup manually as shown below.
Manually Enter Additional Chemical Data
Tip: When adding data manually, and you see the Save & New button, you have the option to press Enter rather than clicking Save & New. This lets you keep your hands on the keyboard to quickly enter your next item.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Scroll to the Chemical Tracking section, then click each of the following sections below:
The application method tells the system how chemicals will be applied, such as spray, spread, or broadcast. You also can add specific pieces of equipment to this list.
Note: The technician in the field can make changes to the application method on the Legacy Mobile App.
- Click the Add Application Method button to add a new method.
- Click the Save & New button to add additional methods quickly.
This tells the system the different ways you want to designate the size of the area to which chemicals are applied, such as yards or square feet.
- Click the Add Area Unit button to add a new area unit.
- Click the Save & New button to add additional area units quickly.
This tells the system all the possible area locations at a property that need chemical treatment. Some examples: total turf, front lawn, side lawn, back lawn.
- Click the Add Area Treated button to add a new area.
- Click the Save & New button to add additional areas quickly.
Targets allow you to specify what your chemical treats, such as types of insects or specific types of weeds.
- Click the Add Target button to add a new target.
- Click the Save & New button to add additional targets quickly.
Volume Units of Measure
Volume Units of Measure (UoMs) allow you to specify how your chemicals are measured when applying or mixing, such as ounces, cups, pints, gallons, etc.
- Click the Add Volume Unit button to add a new UoM.
- Click the Save & New button to add additional UoM quickly.
General settings affect what appears in the Chemical Tracking Wizard on Scheduling screens.
- Check or clear the “Default Chemical Quantity” check box. If you check this, and you also set up the rest of the Chemical system properly, SA will automatically calculate the quantity of products to apply at each property based on the applicable Custom Field value on the Account.
- Select one of the options: “Show Weather Conditions,” “Show pH Level,” or “Show Both.”