This article is NOT the first point of setup for Email Integration. These steps are a continuation of the initial setup steps.
To complete the email integration setup in SA, you will need to forward your mail from your email provider to SA. Once you have purchased an integration subscription, you will see a code populate on the Email Integrations page:
Next, you will need to go to your email provider and forward your emails to the email address provided in SA.
The steps for forwarding are provided here for the three supported providers:
Gmail allows for forwarding all mail or some mail based on filters. Please note that messages that are sent to the spam or junk folders will not be forwarded.
- On your computer, open Gmail using the account you want to forward messages from. You can only forward messages to a single Gmail address, not an email group or alias.
- In the top right, click Settings > See all settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the "Forwarding" section, click Add a forwarding address.
- Enter the email address you want to forward messages to.
- Click Next. This will open a new window.
- Click Proceed > Okay.
- A verification message will be sent to that address and forwarded to SA. Go to CRM > Tickets to view the confirmation email and click on the relevant Ticket number.
- Click the subject line to open the message.
- Copy the confirmation code. The confirmation code is the same number that is in the subject line.
- Go back to the settings page for the Gmail account you want to forward messages from, and refresh your browser.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Enter the confirmation code into the box and click Verify.
- In the "Forwarding" section, select Forward a copy of incoming mail to.
- Choose what you want to happen with the Gmail copy of your emails. We recommend "Keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox."
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
If you have a Hotmail or Live email address, you can use these same instructions for mail forwarding as all three providers have the same sign-on. To automatically forward email messages from Outlook into SA, use the following steps:
Select File > Info > Manage Rules & Alerts.
On the Email Rules tab, select New Rule.
In the Rules Wizard, start with a blank rule and apply the rule to the messages you receive. Click Next.
- On the next screen, simply click Next without checking anything and you should receive a prompt about applying the rule to every received message. Select Yes.
For Step 1, select the Forward to people or public group check box. And for Step 2, select the people or public group link to open your address book and paste in the To blank at the bottom the provided forwarding address from Service Autopilot.
When you’re done, select Finish.
Microsoft Exchange Online
These instructions are for any Service Autopilot Members who use Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange Online.
If you want your Microsoft Exchange email to be automatically forwarded to your SA email, your outbound spam filter must be set to allow automatic forwarding. Follow these steps:
- Go to protection.office.com/antispam and expand the Outbound spam filter policy dropdown list.
- Click Edit policy.
- In the Outbound spam filter policy dialog box,
expand the Automatic forwarding dropdown list.
- If it’s set to On – forwarding is enabled, then you’re good to go, and no changes are required.
If it’s set to Automatic – System controlled, change it to On – forwarding is enabled, then click Save.
The instructions provided here are courtesy of Apple Support.
In Mail on iCloud.com, click the settings icon in the sidebar, then choose Preferences.
If you don’t see the sidebar, see Show or hide the sidebar in Mail on iCloud.com.
In the General pane, select Forward my email to, then type the forwarding address in the text field.
If you don’t want to store a copy of each forwarded message in iCloud, select Delete messages after forwarding.
Keep in mind that storing copies of forwarded messages decreases your available iCloud storage space.
You can also specify criteria so that only certain messages are forwarded by setting up a rule. You can only use one forwarding address for each rule. See Set up rules to filter email in Mail on iCloud.com.