Merge Tags or Personalization Fields are a tool you can use in your Documents and Emails to give them a personal touch and to keep you from having to type the same information in every Document. When you add a Merge Tag to a Document, it will appear inside square brackets. This tells the system what information to pull into the Document once it's been told the Account to use for reference. For example, the system doesn't know what first name to put into a Document until you've selected a user to send an email to.
Note: Merge Tag fields will not populate in preview screens, they will appear as bracketed text.
To add a Merge Tag to a Document, use these steps:
- Go to Settings > Documents to open the Document Editor.
- Click the name of the Document you would like to modify.
- Click Edit.
- Click your cursor in the place in a text content panel where you want to add a Merge Tag. This will populate the text edit toolbar.
- Click Merge Tag.
- Select the field you want to add from the Insert merge tags list.
- Click Save when you are finished editing.
Quick Tip: Inserting Merge Tags
A shortcut to using merge tags is to type the "@" symbol anywhere you want it to go in the body of a document.
- For the signature line, type “@sig” and the system finds the merge tag for Signature Line.
- Click “Signature Line” and the merge tag is inserted.