The Client Portal is an additional subscription you can add to your Pro or Pro Plus Service Autopilot account that will give your clients the ability to manage their accounts and payments online. You can use the Client Portal Settings to control certain features within your clients' Client Portal experience. You can access these settings by going to Settings > Client Portal Settings.
The Client Portal Settings are organized in multiple tabs so you can easily find the setting you need:
The following fields are found at the top of the overlay:
- Client Portal Display Name - This is the name of your company, which will display to clients on the Client Portal.
- Facebook Page - If your company has a public Facebook page, add the text between the final brackets of the URL to enable a Facebook widget in the Client Portal.
- Twitter Handle - Add your company's Twitter handle to enable a Twitter widget in the Client Portal.
- LinkedIn - From your public LinkedIn page, copy what appears at the end of the URL after the final slash and paste it into this field to enable the LinkedIn widget.
Note: This URL will look different if you are currently signed in to a LinkedIn account.
- Custom Fields - This selection determines what Custom Field values clients will be able to view and modify in the Client Portal.
- Select all items on current tab - Selecting this box will select all items on the tab in view.
Each of the tabs will display settings relevant to different areas of the Client Portal.
- Enable Client Portal Autopay - If enabled, this will allow clients to enroll in autopay so they do not need to log in to their account to pay invoices manually. Once a client has selected this option, any Invoices generated for Jobs created after that point will appear under the "Invoices to Charge" filter on the Invoices screen for you to bulk charge. Any existing, scheduled Jobs will update to be paid via autopay (bulk charge).
Note: If this setting is disabled, when a user updates their credit card on file this will update the default Payment Method on the Account to the credit card type entered.
- Allow Clients to Update or Remove Card on File - This option will allow users to modify the existing credit card on their account or to remove the card on file entirely.
- Allow Clients to Update or Remove Bank Account on File - Checking this box will allow your clients to modify the existing bank account on file or remove it entirely.
Note: This option is only available for Members who are integrated with Clearent as a payment processor and have undergone the underwriting process for using ACH.
- Allow Clients to View and Make Prepayments - Checking this box will allow your clients to make Prepayments from within the Client Portal and view them in their list of transactions. You will see these Payments in SA marked as Prepayments and not applied to any Invoices. If you want the Prepayment to apply to specific services, you will need to manually adjust this on the Payment once it has been made by the client. This setting is off by default.
- Card Max Payment Amount - This value will default to 0.00 and can be set to any value. If a client attempts to make a payment through the Client Portal exceeding this value, a warning message will display.
- ACH Max Payment Amount - This value will default to 0.00 and can be set to any value. If a client attempts to make a payment through the Client Portal exceeding this value, a warning message will display.
Note: this option is only available for Members who are integrated with Clearent as a payment processor and have undergone the underwriting process for using ACH.
- View Billing History - This allows users to see a history of payment and credit transactions on their accounts.
- View Service History - This allows users to see a list of past Services.
- View Upcoming Services - This allows users to see a list of future Services.
- Allow Clients to View Paused Services - When a client's recurring Service is paused by an SA user, this setting allows the client to see the Services that have been paused.
Note: Clients will be able to see the text you enter into the "Pause Reason" field. Be careful to only enter the information you want your clients to see in the Client Portal. This setting is disabled by default.
- Allow Clients to submit a Ticket - This setting will make a small green icon appear at the lower-right corner of the Client Portal that'll allow users to open a Ticket, as well as enable other Ticket submitting functionality throughout the Client Portal. Tickets will automatically be assigned to the client who submitted them and the Ticket Assignment that is designated in the Client Portal Settings.
The following fields will only be available if Tickets are enabled:
- View Open Tickets - This setting allows the user to see a list of all Tickets with email correspondence along with the status of open, pending, or on hold. All statuses appear to the user as "open" because the Ticket has not been resolved.
- View Closed Tickets - This allows the user to see a list of Tickets with email correspondence that have a status of "closed".
- Ticket Assignment - If a user sends an email from their Client Portal account, it will come into SA as an open Ticket. This setting determines the user in SA the Ticket will automatically be assigned to upon creation. Only one option can be selected.
- Ticket Categories shown to Client - This setting determines which Ticket Categories will be shown to clients when they submit a Ticket. Options selected here will show to all Client Portal users.
- Reschedule Request Category - This setting determines which Ticket Categories will be shown to clients when they submit a Ticket specifically to reschedule service.
- Cancel Request Category - This setting determines which Ticket Categories will be shown to clients when they submit a Ticket specifically to cancel service.
The Alert Resources setting determines which Resources will receive alerts within SA based on the user actions that are listed under the dropdown list:
- A client opts in or out of Autopay
- A client makes a prepayment
- A credit card or bank account was removed from the Account