Any of the URL producing Merge Tags in the Document Editor can be added to a button. You may want to do this for emails where you specifically want a recipient to click something that looks like a clickable object such as the link that will take them to an Invoice for payment. To do this, use the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Documents.
- Click the name of the Document you want to edit or create a new Document.
- From within the Document Editor, drag a "Button" content panel into the row where you want the button to appear.
- Click the button to open the content properties panel on the right side of the screen.
- In the URL field, type the URL Merge Tag you want the button to redirect to. Note: if you don't know the correct bracket for the Merge Tag you want, add the Merge Tag to a text field in the document and then copy and paste the full bracket into the URL field.
- Double click the button to customize the display text.
- Make any other desired changes to the button by using the content properties panel.
- Click Save.
Note: some Merge Tags are specific to the Document Type being used. The "Invoice Pay Now URL" Merge Tag only appears on Invoice Documents.