You can quickly and easily add a new Calendar Event from any V3 screen in SA by using the Quick Add icon. Use Calendar Events for any kind of non-billable work that needs to be done such as scouting for Estimates. To get started, use the following steps from any V3 screen:
- Hover over the Quick Add icon in the navigation bar and select "Ticket":
- Set the Ticket Type to "Event". This will add more fields to the overlay:
- Fill out the Account/Vendor, Category, Subject, Body, Status, and Assignment as you would for any Ticket.
- Begin typing a location of where the Resource needs to go to complete the task. This field will auto-populate addresses from Google as you type.
- Select a Start and End Date. These fields will default to the current date.
- Add an Appointment Time by selecting the radio button and entering a time.
- Enter the Budgeted Hours for the task.
- Click Save.
Upon saving, you can view your new Calendar Event on the Calendar, Dispatch Board, and Account (if assigned).