Below is a list of FAQs compiled from our members. You can click on the question at the top and it will take you to the question and answer below.
Tip: Use Control + F on your keyboard (or Command + F for Mac users) to search for keywords within the FAQ!
- Is it possible to share custom views or filters with my coworkers?
- How do I switch from V2 to the new version of SA (or vice versa)?
- When is V2 going away?
- Why is my Client balance incorrect?
- How do I add an Employee to the Sales Rep dropdown?
- Is it possible to send a bulk text to Clients?
- What is the difference between the Hourly and Salary compensation types on the Payroll/Job Costing tab of the Employee edit screen?
- How do I schedule a non-billable job, such as an Estimate, with or without a Client/Lead?
- Why is my resource not showing up in the job assignment dropdown?
- Why are my Jobs and Events not showing on the Calendar?
- Why are my recurring Jobs not showing on the Dispatch Board?
- Why are my package Jobs not showing on the Waiting List?
- Why is the Visit overlay not opening when I click the Service name on the Dispatch Board?
- Why are my route sheets blank?
- How do I create an Invoice for a Job in the future?
- Why did the Client's Contract Invoice generate before the start date of the Contract?
- How do I delete a Contract?
- How do I apply a credit to an Invoice?
- What are subscriptions?
- How do I check if an email was delivered?
- How do I send an automatic email to the Account once a V3 Form is filled out?
- What is the Websites option under Marketing?
- Why is the subtotal at the bottom of the View My Proposal page not updating to reflect the selections on the Estimate?
- Why have my Estimate line items disappeared from the Estimate overlay?
- Why is the change I made to the Estimate Document not showing on the Estimate I'm currently working on?
Mobile Apps FAQs
- How do I fix an incorrect location for a Client?
- Why does the app say I am out of storage when I try to take a photo?
- The Legacy App says that I'm still working on a job from a different date or time. How do I correct this so I can start today's job?
- Which OS versions do you support for the Legacy and Team Apps? (What type of device do I buy?)
- What is the current version number of the Legacy and Team Apps? How do I know if I have the current app version?
Client Portal FAQs
- How do I tell if my Client has signed up for Autopay?
- My Client is locked out of the Client Portal. How do we unlock it?
- My Client forgot their username and password. How do we reset it so they can log in?
- Why is my Client not entering the Automation even though they match all of the triggers?
- Why are emails not being sent in an Automation?
- Where do I find the prebuilt Reports from Service Autopilot? How come I can't see all of the Reports listed in the User Guide?
- What Report will show me a list of completed Services for a specified timeframe?
- How do I run a Report on revenue?
- What type of system data cannot be pulled into a Custom Analysis?
- Which canned reports cannot be made into a Custom Analysis?
- What is clocked time vs billable time?
- How do I troubleshoot when my Analysis only spins and won’t open?
- How do I troubleshoot when my Analysis loads but won’t export?
- How do I rename an Analysis?
- What causes a divide by zero error in a custom formula?
- Why are my financial Reports showing different revenue totals?
Currently, it is not possible to share views. Saved views are unique per login.
There can be several reasons for this but the primary reason is that the Client is missing a transaction. The Client balance is the total of all transactions on file for the client. It is recommended to review the transaction history to see where something might be missing.
This dropdown is controlled by two locations: within the Employee profile and on the Settings > Sales Rep screen. First, navigate to Team > Employees > Select the employee > Click Edit > Select the User Settings tab > Select the checkbox next to "Is a Sales Person."
Second, go to Settings > Sales Rep > Inactive tab. If the employee is located under the inactive tab, select their name, put a checkmark next to "Active," and then click Save.
This selection is for filtering only. All Employees will need to be designated as Hourly or Salary under Team > Employees > click on the Employee name > Edit > Payroll/Job Costing tab. Then when you are on the Accounting > Payroll Report you can add a filter at the top for "Wage Type". This is useful to filter for Hourly only so your Salary employees do not show up on your Payroll Report.
You will want to use the Calendar Event feature for this.
This is most likely due to the Master Schedule the jobs are assigned to not being updated. Navigate to Settings > Master Schedules > Select each schedule to update them. See the Master Schedules - Add a Master Schedule article and start at step 4.
If there is an Estimate for this Job, you can create the Invoice directly from the Estimate. To do this, open the Estimate Overlay. You will see an Invoice option In the middle above the line items.
If there is no Estimate, you will need to create the Invoice manually.
Important: Keep in mind that regardless of which method you use to create the Invoice, the Job will still automatically create an invoice.
This information is available in two different locations:
- Navigate to Marketing > Email Activity > Click on the box labeled Requests > Use the filter at the top to search for the Client or email address.
- Navigate to the Client Account > Scroll down to the Activity Stream > Locate the email in the activity feed and check just below the "To" field to see an indication of the email's status.
The "Amount" column on the Estimate Grid is required to properly update the Subtotal on the View My Proposal page.
The map location is determined by the coordinates on file for the Client. You can find these coordinates on the Client page by clicking Edit and going to the Details tab. There is a latitude and longitude field that you can use to enter the correct coordinates and update the map location.
- For iOS, we support the latest official version plus two previous official versions.
- For Android, we support the latest official version plus three previous official versions.
- Android: Version 1.23.0914
- iOS: Version 1.23.0914
- Android: Version 1.23.0721
- iOS: Version 1.23.0818
- Team App - The version number is located on the login page below the Log In button.
- Legacy App - The version number is located on the login page below the Remember toggle.
Currently, there is no filter or report specifically for this data. You can see if your Client has signed up for Autopay by checking if they have a credit card on file and if their payment method is set to a credit card type. You can find a more detailed explanation of the Autopay feature in the article "Client Portal - Autopay Explained".
The primary reason this occurs is because the requirement for the "Automation_Test" tag has not been removed from the triggers. This tag trigger is used for testing. Once the Automation is ready, this trigger can be removed.
The prebuilt ("canned") reports can be found under Reports > Report Center > Select the third icon on the left for SA Reports. If you still do not see the Reports, you would need to check your permissions under User Roles and Rights.
You may also want to use the Profit/Loss reports under the "Financial" section.
- Employee Data
- Chemical Tracking
- Client's Package Renewal types - Auto, Call to Renew, Do Not Renew
- Job Comments
- Installed Products
- Franchise Reports
- Specific Snow data - bill depth, plan depth, temperature, and asset type