If you sync with QuickBooks Online, you can add Other Charges by setting them up as a Service. Other Charges are used for surcharges or fees, such as a late fee. You can add Other Charges to Invoices in bulk from the Invoice List screen.
Note: If you do not sync with QuickBooks Online, you will add Other Charges under Settings > Other Charges.
- Navigate to Settings > Services.
- Click Add Service in the top right.
- Fill out the Name and Code for the Other Charge. The Code is shorthand, such as "LF" for late fee.
- Select the Other Charge checkbox.
- Choose if the Other Charge is taxable or non in the Sales Tax Code dropdown.
- Fill out the Invoice Description. This is what will be displayed to the Client on the Invoice.
- Enter the default rate for the Other Charge. For example, if you want a 15% late fee, you will enter 15 into the Default Rate and choose Percentage from the Rate Type dropdown.
- Select the income Account you associate the Other Charge to.
- Click Save.