You can add or remove Other Charges to Invoices in order to charge additional fees or charges to Clients. For example, the Client has not paid their Invoice on time so you want to add a late fee.
Note for QuickBooks Online users: Other Charges are added as Services if you sync with QBO.
- Navigate to Settings > Other Charges.
- Click Add Other Charge in the top right and fill out the fields. Bolded fields are required.
- Name - Name of the Other Charge. This will display in drop downs where the Other Charge is selected.
- Parent Charge - similar to a category.
- Tax Code - denotes if the Other Charged will be taxed or not.
- Description - description of the Other Charge.
- Amount or Percent - Enter a flat number for a set dollar amount or enter a number followed by the percent % sign for a percentage.
- Account - Chart of Accounts to associate to this Other Charge
- Click Save.